There is something about Disney that is truly magical at any age. The first time Alex and I planned a vacation together, he really pushed to go to Disney, and although I was hesitant at first, I completely understand why. A vacation is where you want to let go, feel free and have fun! Although lying on a beach is nice, I love that Disney offers a little bit of everything!
I just need to add that I have been to three Disney’s in the world; Orlando, California and Paris and the one in Orlando is by far my favorite. It includes a lot more park options and is catered to kids but also teenagers and adults.
Where to Stay:
This time, we stayed at the Four Seasons. It was so beautiful, we were in awe. The property includes a spa, several pools (with water slides), a lazy river, restaurants, tennis courts, a golf course, etc. They had gift shops on hand that were perfect for a fashionista like me, repping all of my favorite brands. They even sold Missoni Minnie ears which of course, I couldn’t resist!
We ate at their Restaurant, Ravello for both breakfast and dinner and it was delicious. For breakfast, they have the characters come out to sing, dance, and take photos. We normally go to Chef Mickey for the same experience, but it was convenient to have this in our hotel. We loved it!
The Four Seasons has a shuttle that takes you to and from the parks, however the shuttle does not stop at Disney Springs, which was kind of a bummer. Disney Springs offers so much for us at night time, so we would have liked the accessibility.
Last time we went, we stayed at B Resort and Spa. Although this wasn’t as extravagant as the Four Seasons, it was still amazing. The hotel had a spa, pool and fun events planned! Our room was very spacious- it honestly felt more like a suite. They also offered shuttle service that took us everywhere we needed to be. This hotel was much more budget friendly, and I would highly recommend it.
- Slinky Dash- A brand new ride that just opened! It was a “rollercoaster” with really cute scenery. The line went pretty fast and we enjoyed it! You should try to get a FastPass for this ride.
- Star Tours The Adventure Continues 3D Simulator
- Toy Story Mania- One of our favorite rides to do together. It’s a shooting ride where you compete with the other people in your cart to see who was more on target during the ride. Alex and I always like to turn these rides into games. We bet on dinner. I recommend you try to get a FastPass for this ride.
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror- My favorite ride in the park! I love the special effects but the actual ride is just so fun. I always get butterflies in my tummy! You should try to get a FastPass for this ride.
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular- If you have some time to spare, it’s a really cool show to watch! Since I have a performing arts background, I love seeing all the behind the scenes special effects that goes into making a movie.
- Little Mermaid The Voyage
- Beauty and The Beast- They put on an incredible Beauty and The Beast show for about 30 minutes if you have some time to spare.
- Rock N Roller Coaster- This is Alex’s favorite ride. You’re in the dark the entire time and go upside down while listening to Aerosmith blasting away. I recommend you try to get a FastPass for this ride.
- Star Wars Light Show/Fantasmic- They had a special light show for Christmas time. The Tower of Terror lit up and “snow” fell to the ground. It was really cute! I love going to Disney this time of year!
- Dwarf Mine Train- One of my favorite rides in the park. It’s one of the newer ones and is a mini roller coaster with really cute aesthetics. I suggest you try to get a FastPass for this ride.
- Peter Pan Flight
- Thunder Mountain- A classic must do. Another one of my favorites. I suggest you try to get a FastPass for this ride.
- Splash Mountain- A classic must do. Another one of my favorites but beware, you will get SOAKED. Since we went during Winter time and it was a bit chilly, we decided to invest in a poncho and it was money well spent. We enjoyed the ride and were completely dry at the end! I suggest you try to get a FastPass for this ride.
- Haunted Mansion
- Space Mountain-A classic must do. Another one of my favorites. I recommend you try to get a FastPass for this ride.
- Great Moments in American History Hall of Presidents- This was really interesting to do with everything happening in our Country now. I highly recommend you go and see the perspective Disney has on America.
- Pirates of The Caribbean- I honestly love this ride. It is really fun and the display is incredible. It features a “Johnny Depp” that looks exactly like the real one!
- It’s A Small World- A classic must do. Not that fun for adults, but it is the essence of Disney and my childhood and I love it.
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Monsters Inc Laugh- Actually so funny! I need to figure out the technology behind this. Basically you take part of a comedy routine and it’s probably more entertaining for the adults than the kids.
- Mickey Philharmagic
- Be our Guest Restaurant- I am a picky eater, so I was skeptical to come here especially because it was French cuisine. The restaurant is beautiful and the food was very on theme. They also had an opportunity to take photos with the Beast! The food was good, even for this picky vegetarian. It makes for a fun dinner experience in the park, which is also quite convenient!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas- During Christmas time, Magic Kingdom closes early for this event. Although it costs extra to attend, it was very cute. They have a “Trick or Treat” type of experience where each shop gives out free hot cocoa cocoa, ices, etc. The rides are still open, but they also have a special Christmas time parade and fireworks show. Magic Kingdom has the best fireworks handsdown!
Epcot- Alex’s Favorite Park!
- Spaceship Earth- A classic way to start off the park.
- Soarin- One of my favorite rides! So cool to take a look at the world through this point of view and reminds me a little of Flight of Passage from Animal Kingdom.
- Living with The Land
- Mission: Space- I can handle a lot, but this stimulation always makes me sick. Last time, Alex felt like he was going to pass out and the time before that I did. They have two options, one is suppose to be less harsh. If you get sick easily, I would stay clear.
- Test Track- So much fun! You get to build your own ride and “race” with others. I love the thrill!
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends- Another really funny comedy show. The “fish” interact with the audience and I need to know the technology behind this because it is so cool!
Time for the world showcase! My favorite part about Epcot is that Alex and I make it into a game. We stop at each “country” to experience the culture by eating and drinking around the world! A great way to adult in Disney.
- Agent P’s Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico)- A little boat ride, with kind of “A Small World” vibe. After the ride, there is a cute restaurant and little shops. We got nachos with guacamole and a margarita to share.
- Frozen Ride (Norway)- It was cute for kids, more of a “It’s A Small World” type of ride though. I don’t think it’s worth the wait.
- Reflections of China (China)- A video. We got really yummy vegetable spring rolls here.
- Germany Model Train Display
- The American Adventure (USA)- This was really interesting to do with everything happening in our Country now. I highly recommend you go and see the perspective Disney has on America.
- Japan- Alex got a type of Japanese alcohol here that he really loved, and he normally doesn’t like to drink which says a lot.
- France- Impressions de France is their video about the country. Alex and I opted to forgo dessert at dinner so we could each get yummy Crepes from France for dessert. We ate our dessert during their firework show.
- United Kingdom
- O Canada
- Illuminations of Earth Fireworks- Alex thinks Epcot has the best fireworks display. It is a mixture of water lights and fireworks.
- Italy, Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria-We ate dinner in Italy because Italian food is my favorite. Their pizza tasted just like Naples! It was so good!
Animal Kingdom – MY FAVORITE PARK!
- Expedition Everest- Such a fun rollercoaster! It goes backwards too!
- Up! A Great Bird Adventure
- Kali River Rapids- A very fun ride but beware, you will get SOAKED. Since we went during Winter time and it was a bit chilly, we decided to invest in a poncho and it was money well spent. We enjoyed the ride and were completely dry at the end! The family that went on the ride with us was so jealous.
- Dinosaur- An oldy, but goody! Honestly, one of my favorite rides. We went on twice!
- It’s Tough To Be A Bug 3D Show- Such a cute show and the special effects are awesome. Alex wanted to do it twice!
- Finding Nemo The Musical- If you have the time, I highly recommend seeing this. I swear, it should be on Broadway it was that good!
- Festival of The Lion King- I think I enjoyed this show more than I liked Lion King on Broadway, it was so amazing!
- Kilimanjaro Sunset Safari- Always so special! Seeing the animals so up close is an amazing experience. You genuinely feel like you’re on an African safari! The effects that Disney adds are so cute too. I love it everytime.
- Flight of Passage- Part of Pandora’s world. My favorite ride! The technology they put into this is the way of the future. It’s a stimulation and it really gets all of your senses tingling. I catch myself smiling like crazy when I am on this. The lines are worth it and I promise, go faster than they say.
- Na’vi River Journey- Part of Pandora’s World. Honestly, I think this was the ride added to Pandora’s World so that there would be something accessible to everyone, including younger kids. I personally don’t think it’s worth the wait.
- Rivers of Light- Animal Kingdom’s version of fireworks takes place on a river with different light boats floating around and a projection screen made up of water displaying different lights of animals with along with a story teller.
- Planet Hollywood- Restaurant
- Edison Christmas Tree Trail- Activity for Christmas time. They have different decorated trees for all the Disney themes. So cute!
- Morimoto- Restaurant
- Star Wars Virtual Reality- Activity
- Splitsville- Activity
- AMC Dine in Movie Theatre- Activity. We love watching Disney movies that just came out here!
- Boat Cruise- Activity. You can go as a couple with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, or as a group with champagne. Was such a special experience touring around the property on water.
- Hot Air Balloon- A huge hot air balloon that is actually attached to the ground by a long chord. You can go up and see gorgeous views of the area and they run pretty late into the night.
- House of Blues- Entertainment
- The Edison Live Entertainment- Entertainment
- Enzo’s Hideaway- Restaurant
- Wolfgang Puck- Restaurant
More of a visual learner? Check out my Vlog of my trip to Disney with Alex in December 2018 by clicking here. I always love Disney, but it was so magical going over the holidays!