Black Friday is a shopaholic’s favorite national holiday. It’s the start of a season filled with wishlists, gift giving, and a lot of “amazing” holiday deals. I love a challenge and even though some might stray away, I go to the mall with full force. Being a shopping expert and a Black Friday Almun, I have a lot of tips and tricks up my sleeve.
Rules to Follow
- Don’t be fooled by a good deal. A lot of times I’ll find something for a good price that I don’t actually need and never wanted, but I’ll convince myself otherwise because it’s such a good deal. Being a “Blonde on a Budget”, I can’t risk going home later and realizing I bought something I’m never going to use. A good deal is not really a good deal if you’re wasting your money.
- Be prepared. Do your research before going to the mall. This way, you can easily go in and out of the stores that you know are offering deals.
- On that same note, if there’s clothing you know you want, try it on beforehand. The lines for the dressing rooms will be out the doors, so it’s best to save your time.
- Use this time to buy something you’ve always wanted to try! If you get it for a good deal and don’t like it, at least you didn’t buy it for full price.
- Buy gift box sets. It’s the perfect opportunity to try different products or fill up on your favorite brands for a value price! They make the best gifts for everyone on your list!
- Get there early! The stores have the best deals for the earliest crowds. The earlier you go, the bigger the selection of goodies! The early bird catches the worm.
- The bigger the better! The better deals are usually for the more expensive items. Go for that TV or designer bag that you’ve been saving up for! Last year, I got my Givenchy bag on Black Friday for an amazing price from Neiman Marcus.
- Make sure to check the return policies before you buy. Some stores change their policies when they have huge sales, and you don’t want to be stuck with regret.
- Use your phones! They’ll not only update you on all the best deals but can compare prices between different sites so you can ensure you’re actually getting the best deals.
- Go to social media! See where your friends are at and what types of deals they’re getting! Use social media as your virtual shopping map.
- Last but not least, if you can’t handle the pressure and the crowds, wait for Cyber Monday! The deals won’t go away, sometimes they get even get better!
I hope these tips and tricks help you out! Best of luck to all my fellow shoppers. Stay safe out there and make sure you share what you got!
Don’t know what types of items to invest in? Check out my tips for what to splurge on by clicking here!